Most of the Hosting providers allow you only to upgrade your hosting plans. They don't let downgraded on them. As a businessman, you understand the heaps-n-creeps in markets. Although, your wish is to grow your business and get mounting the new highs.
During peak-seasons, your sales go high, and you need more bandwidth while it is average on other days. If you purchase the hosting, just keeping in mind for those peak-periods, you might be wasting resources most of time. Also, it's surprising to all, that you might be paying high-prices for un-consumed resources.
When such scenario discussed, everybody will start suggesting Cloud hosting, where pay-as-you-go. You compare the prices of cloud hosting plans with SSD hosting plans. You would find cloud hosting prices are much higher. But, still, it does offer both upgrade and downgrade. When you degrade, quota reduces and when update it increases. With the cloud, you can have compatible plans which best satisfy the needs of your website.
Essential things required for Online Presence
- Domain Name: The name visitor type in browsers address bar, also called URL (Unique Resource Locator). Once, you choose and host your domain; it is available within 24-48 hrs., as Internet Name Server System propagates it.
- Choose Hosting Plan
- Hosting Account id or hostname: It is home directory, where you store website files /home/username/public_html
- FTP to upload files in hosting account: Upload files in /home/username/public_html
- Group - By default group is the account name
- Bandwidth & Web Space: Hosting provider allocates certain quota, by the purchased plan. You can upgrade or degrade the plans as per your requirement.
- Control Panel to manage hosting resources